Many parents are confused by the wide array of probiotics available and ask for my recommendations. There are several nice options. I suggest trying one and observing changes in y0ur child’s digestive health. If you don’t see the desired result (either stool that is too loose or continued constipation), try a different brand.
Brands of Recommended Probiotics for Kids
- Garden of Life’s Primal Defense for Kids- a total of 16 billion CFUs of 4 species of beneficial cultures in a teaspoon of powder.
- iFlora for Kids Multi-Probiotic – a total of 8 billion CFUs of 7 species per teaspoon of powder.
- Florastor Kids – each packet contains 5 billion CFUs of a single probiotic
- Udo’s Choice Children’s Probiotic – each capsule contains a total of 4 billion CFUs of 8 strains
- Nutraelle Digestive Care – a total of 10 billion CFUs of two species in a capsule
- Good Belly – a tasty juice drink that contains 10 billion CFU’s of a single probiotic in a 2.7 ounce shot
- In-Liven Probiotic Super Food by miessence – An organic option that contains 13 species of probiotics in a powder, along with Spirulina, Rolled Oats, Brown Rice, Wheat Grain, Pearl Barley, Linseed, Kidney Beans, Mung Beans, Adzuki Beans, Red Lentils, Chick Peas, Wheat Grass, Barley Grass, Alfalfa Grass, Beetroot, Sweet Potato, String Beans, Zucchini, Cabbage, Silverbeet, Spinach, Chinese Cabbage, Asparagus, Broccoli, Malt Liquid, and Molasses.