Make your quesadillas a healthier treat by using BroccoLeaf instead of tortillas. They’re fast and easy to make, lower in calorie than traditional quesadillas, and provide a great vegetable source that even picky eaters will love.
- CUISINE: California Cuisine
- COURSE: Entrée
- SKILL LEVEL: Beginner
- MAKES: 12 greensadillas (6 Servings)
- READY IN: 15 mins
- PREP TIME: 10 mins
- COOK TIME: 5 -7 mins
- CALORIES: 246
- PROTEIN: 20g
- FAT: 8g
- SODIUM: 502mg
- CARBOHYDRATES: 18g
- FIBER: 2g
- SUGAR: 2g
- CHOLESTEROL: 30mg
Make your quesadillas a healthy treat by using BroccoLeaf instead of tortillas. They fast and easy to make, lower in calorie than traditional quesadillas, and provide a great vegetable source that even picky eaters will love.
- 1 bunch BroccoLeaf (approximately 12 leaves)
12 oz organic mozzarella shreds
1/4 cup organic liquid egg whites
Cooking spray or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Lightly coat two cooking sheets with spray or oil
- Wash and clean BroccoLeaf; remove stems (can tear but easier to run a sharp knife down each side of the main stem, per leaf) so each BroccoLeaf makes two “tortillas”
- In a bowl, toss cheese and tomatoes together
- Place BroccoLeaf halves on cookie sheet
- Using two tablespoons, take a spoonful of mixture and place in center of the BroccoLeaf half.
- Use your finger and spread thin layer of egg white around one side of BroccoLeaf edge
- Gently fold the leaves in half and place each half, pressing egg white edge to other edge, then set completed triangle onto the baking sheet
- Bake for 5-7 minutes then flip and continue baking for another 5-7 minutes until the greens turn darker but not burnt.